Motorists please use caution! Allow extra travel time — consider alternative routes. Check the Parkway Police Twitter feed for current updates.
|Allison Park: Open daylight hours.|
|Alpine Boat Basin: Gas dock open Mon. to Thurs., 9 AM – 4:30 PM; Fri. to Sun., 9 AM – 5:30 PM.|
|Alpine Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. $5 parking fee, weekends & holidays. (The Kearney House is open to tour most weekend & holiday afternoons.)|
|Englewood Boat Basin: Please call 201 568-1328.|
|Englewood Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Port-A-Johns only.|
|Fort Lee Historic Park: Grounds open daylight hours. Visitor Center open Weds. to Sun., 10 AM – 4:45 PM. $5 parking fee, weekends & holidays.|
|Greenbrook Sanctuary: Open daylight hours (membership required).|
|Hazard’s Dock: Open daylight hours. $20 trailer fee; $10 cartop launch fee.|
|Henry Hudson Drive: Open daylight hours.|
|Palisades Interstate Parkway in New Jersey: Open 24 hrs. Parkway repaving in progress. Click here for more information.|
|Park Headquarters: Administrative offices open Mon. to Fri., 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM except New Jersey State holidays. Parkway Police desk staffed at all times: 201 768-6001. Click here for Court information.
|Ross Dock Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. $10 parking fee, weekends & holidays; $5 parking fee, weekdays.|
|State Line Lookout: Grounds open daylight hours. Lookout Inn open weekdays, 9:30 AM – 5 PM; weekends, 9:30 AM – 6 PM.|
|Trails: Open daylight hours.|
|Undercliff Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Port-A-Johns only.|
Sidebar last updated: August 20, 2014. Information posted here subject to change without notice.
Allison Park is a 10-acre scenic cliff-top park area overlooking the Hudson River in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, with paved walkways, ornamental gardens, restrooms, and drinking fountains. Allison Park is just south of St. Peter’s College, with access for hikers from the Long Path and for pedestrians, cyclists, and cars via Allison Park Road from Hudson Terrace (directions). There is no fee for admission or parking.
Grounds are open year-round, daylight hours only (restrooms are closed Nov.–Apr.). Picnicking is permitted, but no tables are provided. Barbecues are not permitted. Pets are not permitted, and bicycles are not permitted beyond the parking area.
For current hours and conditions at Allison Park, please check the sidebar >
Allison Park was named for William O. Allison (1849–1924), the first mayor of Englewood Cliffs and a leader in preserving Palisades lands. Allison once had an estate here (some of the buildings from his estate are still standing, though the main house burned in 1903).
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace and St. Peter’s College (the school’s main campus is in Jersey City) own the property just north of Allison Park — the only private property along the Palisades from Fort Lee to the New York state line. The Palisades Mountain House, a grand resort hotel, was built on their grounds around 1870; it burned in 1884.
- Learn more about William O. Allison in “Allison’s Will.”
- Learn more about the Palisades Mountain House in “Fire on the Mountain.”