Open / Closed in the Park:
Click here for information about park operations for Labor Day Weekend, Sept. 5 – 7, 2015.
See the Parkway Police Twitter feed for updates.
|Allison Park: Open daylight hours.|
|Alpine Boat Basin: Gas dock open Mon. to Thurs. 9 AM – 4:30 PM, Fri. to Sun. 9 AM – 5:30 PM. Current gas price: $2.80/gal.|
|Alpine Picnic Area: Grounds open daylight hours. Parking fee (cash only): $5 weekends & holidays. Kearney House open most weekend & holiday afternoons. Refreshment stand open weekends & holidays, 10 AM – 5 PM.|
|Englewood Boat Basin: Please call 201-568-1328.|
|Englewood Picnic Area: Grounds open daylight hours. Parking fee (cash only): $5. Snack Shack open 10 AM – 6 PM.|
|Fort Lee Historic Park: Grounds open daylight hours. Metered parking (rates). Visitor Center open Weds. to Sun., 10 AM – 4:45 PM.|
|Greenbrook Sanctuary: Open daylight hours, membership required.|
|Hazard’s Ramp: Open daylight hours. Launch fee (cash only): $20 trailer, $10 car-top boat. Area closed to the public on Thurs., Aug. 13.|
|Henry Hudson Drive: Open daylight hours.|
|Palisades Interstate Parkway in New Jersey: Open 24 hrs.|
|Park Headquarters: Administrative offices open Mon. to Fri., 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM except New Jersey State holidays. Parkway Police desk staffed at all times: 201-768-6001. Click here for Court information.
|Ross Dock Picnic Area: Grounds open daylight hours. Parking fee (cash only): $10 weekends & holidays, $5 weekdays. Refreshment stand open weekends & holidays, 10 AM – 5 PM. Area closed to the public on Thurs., Aug. 13.|
|State Line Lookout: Grounds open daylight hours. Lookout Inn open Mon. to Fri. 9:30 AM – 5 PM, Sat. & Sun. 9:30 AM – 6 PM.|
|Trails: Open daylight hours.|
|Undercliff Picnic Area: Open daylight hours.|
Sidebar last updated:
September 1, 2015.
Information posted here subject to change without notice.
Englewood Picnic Area is a scenic riverfront picnic area adjacent to Englewood Boat Basin in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, about 2 mi. north of the George Washington Bridge. It is most readily accessible from the Englewood Cliffs park entrance via Dyckman Hill Road (continuation of Palisade Avenue, at Exit 1 of the Palisades Interstate Parkway).
Bicycles, Cars & Motorcycles:
- From the Edgewater park entrance on River Road at the Fort Lee border: Take Henry Hudson Drive 2.5 mi. north, passing Ross Dock Approach Road, to the circle at the entrance to Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin.
- From the Alpine park entrance on U.S. Route 9W, at light about 1 mi. north of Closter Dock Road: Turn east on Alpine Approach Road. Go beneath two overpass bridges, then bear right (south). Pass Park Headquarters on the left. Follow Alpine Approach Road 1 mi. downhill. Go through the small circle, then continue south 5 mi., passing Undercliff Picnic Area, to intersection with Dyckman Hill Road. Bear left and continue downhill to the circle at the entrance to Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin; go around circle to get to entrance.
Cars & Motorcycles Only (no bicycles):
- From northbound or southbound Palisades Interstate Parkway: Take Exit 1, Palisade Avenue, Englewood, Englewood Cliffs. Turn left (east). Enter the park at the Englewood Cliffs park entrance and follow Dyckman Hill Road downhill. At the intersection, take the hairpin right turn (south) and continue downhill to the circle at the entrance to Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin; go around circle to get to entrance.
By Public Transportation:
- For bus information, see main directions page. Best bus stop for Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin is Palisade Avenue in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
- It is one long block east on Palisade Avenue to the Englewood Cliffs park entrance and the trailhead for the Dyckman Hill Trail (yellow blaze). Follow yellow downhill as it parallels Dyckman Hill Road through several underpasses, crosses Henry Hudson Drive, and then goes down stone steps to the south end of Englewood Picnic Area. Total distance = about 0.5 mi. Trail is steep in sections, allow about 30–45 min. for each direction, down and back up.
Click to download these directions, including a map.