We are now accepting applications for seasonal job positions for 2015. Click here for more information.
Henry Hudson Drive from the Edgewater park entrance to Ross Dock circle will be CLOSED to all use through March 2015 for GW Bridge work by the Port Authority. Conditions permitting, the road will be opened on Sundays to pedestrians and cyclists only. Click here for more information.
Check the Parkway Police Twitter feed for current updates for the Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey.
Open / Closed in the Park:
|Allison Park: Open daylight hours. Restrooms closed for winter.|
|Alpine Boat Basin: Closed for winter.|
|Alpine Picnic Area: Open daylight hours (Kearney House closed for winter).|
|Englewood Boat Basin: Please call 201 568-1328.|
|Englewood Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Port-A-Johns only.|
|Fort Lee Historic Park: Grounds open daylight hours. Visitor Center open Weds. to Sun., 10 AM – 4:45 PM. $5 parking fee, weekends & holidays.|
|Greenbrook Sanctuary: Open daylight hours (membership required).|
|Hazard’s Ramp: Closed for winter.|
|Henry Hudson Drive: Drive 1 (northern end): Closed for winter. Drive 2 (southern end): Open daylight hours. Through March 2015: Edgewater park entrance to Ross Dock circle CLOSED to all use for GWB work. (Bicycles and pedestrians allowed Sundays only, conditions permitting.) Click here for more information.|
|Palisades Interstate Parkway in New Jersey: Open 24 hrs.|
|Park Headquarters: Administrative offices open Mon. to Fri., 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM except New Jersey State holidays. Parkway Police desk staffed at all times: 201 768-6001. Click here for Court information.
|Ross Dock Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Restrooms closed for winter (Port-A-Johns available).|
|State Line Lookout: Grounds open daylight hours. Lookout Inn open 9:30 AM – 5 PM.|
|Trails: Open daylight hours.|
|Undercliff Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. No restroom facilities available.|
Sidebar last updated:
February 25, 2015.
Information posted here subject to change without notice.
Englewood Picnic Area is a scenic riverfront picnic area adjacent to Englewood Boat Basin in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, about 2 mi. north of the George Washington Bridge. It is most readily accessible from the Englewood Cliffs park entrance via Dyckman Hill Road (continuation of Palisade Avenue, at Exit 1 of the Palisades Interstate Parkway).
Bicycles, Cars & Motorcycles:
- From the Edgewater park entrance on River Road at the Fort Lee border: Take Henry Hudson Drive 2.5 mi. north, passing Ross Dock Approach Road, to the circle at the entrance to Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin.
- From the Alpine park entrance on U.S. Route 9W, at light about 1 mi. north of Closter Dock Road: Turn east on Alpine Approach Road. Go beneath two overpass bridges, then bear right (south). Pass Park Headquarters on the left. Follow Alpine Approach Road 1 mi. downhill. Go through the small circle, then continue south 5 mi., passing Undercliff Picnic Area, to intersection with Dyckman Hill Road. Bear left and continue downhill to the circle at the entrance to Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin; go around circle to get to entrance.
Cars & Motorcycles Only (no bicycles):
- From northbound or southbound Palisades Interstate Parkway: Take Exit 1, Palisade Avenue, Englewood, Englewood Cliffs. Turn left (east). Enter the park at the Englewood Cliffs park entrance and follow Dyckman Hill Road downhill. At the intersection, take the hairpin right turn (south) and continue downhill to the circle at the entrance to Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin; go around circle to get to entrance.
By Public Transportation:
- For bus information, see main directions page. Best bus stop for Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin is Palisade Avenue in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
- It is one long block east on Palisade Avenue to the Englewood Cliffs park entrance and the trailhead for the Dyckman Hill Trail (yellow blaze). Follow yellow downhill as it parallels Dyckman Hill Road through several underpasses, crosses Henry Hudson Drive, and then goes down stone steps to the south end of Englewood Picnic Area. Total distance = about 0.5 mi. Trail is steep in sections, allow about 30–45 min. for each direction, down and back up.
Click to download these directions, including a map.