Motorists please use caution! Allow extra travel time — consider alternative routes. Check the Parkway Police Twitter feed for current updates.
|Allison Park: Open daylight hours.|
|Alpine Boat Basin: Gas dock open Mon. to Thurs., 9 AM – 4:30 PM; Fri. to Sun., 9 AM – 5:30 PM.|
|Alpine Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. (The Kearney House is open to tour most weekend & holiday afternoons.)|
|Englewood Boat Basin: Please call 201 568-1328.|
|Englewood Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Port-A-Johns only.|
|Fort Lee Historic Park: Grounds open daylight hours. Visitor Center open Weds. to Sun., 10 AM – 4:45 PM. $5 parking fee, weekends & holidays.|
|Greenbrook Sanctuary: Open daylight hours (membership required).|
|Hazard’s Dock: Open daylight hours.|
|Henry Hudson Drive: Open daylight hours.|
|Palisades Interstate Parkway in New Jersey: Open 24 hrs. Parkway repaving in progress. Click here for more information.|
|Park Headquarters: Administrative offices open Mon. to Fri., 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM except New Jersey State holidays. Parkway Police desk staffed at all times: 201 768-6001. Click here for Court information.
|Ross Dock Picnic Area: Open daylight hours.|
|State Line Lookout: Grounds open daylight hours. Lookout Inn open weekdays, 9:30 AM – 5 PM; weekends, 9:30 AM – 6 PM.|
|Trails: Open daylight hours.|
|Undercliff Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Port-A-Johns only.|
Sidebar last updated:
October 6, 2014.
Information posted here subject to change without notice.
Click to download these directions, including a map.
Englewood Picnic Area is a scenic riverfront picnic area adjacent to Englewood Boat Basin in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, about 2 mi. north of the George Washington Bridge. It is most readily accessible from the Englewood Cliffs park entrance via Dyckman Hill Road (continuation of Palisade Avenue, at Exit 1 of the Palisades Interstate Parkway).
Bicycles, Cars & Motorcycles:
- From the Edgewater park entrance on River Road at the Fort Lee border: Take Henry Hudson Drive 2.5 mi. north, passing Ross Dock Approach Road, to the circle at the entrance to Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin.
- From the Alpine park entrance on U.S. Route 9W, at light about 1 mi. north of Closter Dock Road: Turn east on Alpine Approach Road. Go beneath two overpass bridges, then bear right (south). Pass Park Headquarters on the left. Follow Alpine Approach Road 1 mi. downhill. Go through the small circle, then continue south 5 mi., passing Undercliff Picnic Area, to intersection with Dyckman Hill Road. Bear left and continue downhill to the circle at the entrance to Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin; go around circle to get to entrance.
Cars & Motorcycles Only (no bicycles):
- From northbound or southbound Palisades Interstate Parkway: Take Exit 1, Palisade Avenue, Englewood, Englewood Cliffs. Turn left (east). Enter the park at the Englewood Cliffs park entrance and follow Dyckman Hill Road downhill. At the intersection, take the hairpin right turn (south) and continue downhill to the circle at the entrance to Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin; go around circle to get to entrance.
By Public Transportation:
- For bus information, see main directions page. Best bus stop for Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin is Palisade Avenue in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
- It is one long block east on Palisade Avenue to the Englewood Cliffs park entrance and the trailhead for the Dyckman Hill Trail (yellow blaze). Follow yellow downhill as it parallels Dyckman Hill Road through several underpasses, crosses Henry Hudson Drive, and then goes down stone steps to the south end of Englewood Picnic Area. Total distance = about 0.5 mi. Trail is steep in sections, allow about 30–45 min. for each direction, down and back up.