We are now accepting applications for our seasonal staff for 2017. Click here for details!
Open / Closed in the Park:
Alpine Approach Road south of Park Headquarters is CLOSED TO ALL USE from Monday, February 27, for approx. 6–8 weeks for major road reconstruction.
Due to hazardous conditions, this closure will be strictly enforced. Violators are subject to summonses.
See the Parkway Police Twitter feed for updates.
|Allison Park: Open daylight hours. Restrooms closed for season.|
|Alpine Boat Basin: Closed for season.|
|Alpine Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. No vehicle access until reopening of Henry Hudson Drive. Pavilion restrooms closed for season (parking plaza restrooms remain open). Kearney House closed for season.|
|Englewood Boat Basin: Please contact J.M. Englewood Marina: 201-568-1328.|
|Englewood Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Snack Shack closed for season.|
|Fort Lee Historic Park: Grounds open daylight hours. Metered parking (year-round, click here for rates). Visitor Center open Weds. to Sun., 10 AM – 4:45 PM. 201-461-1776.|
|Greenbrook Sanctuary: Open daylight hours (membership required). 201-784-0484.|
|Hazard’s Ramp: Closed for season.|
|Henry Hudson Drive: Due to recent winter storm, all riverfront park areas remain CLOSED TO VEHICLES through the weekend of Mar. 18–19. Alpine Approach Road south of Park Headquarters CLOSED TO ALL USE from Monday, February 27, for approx. 6–8 weeks. Englewood to Alpine closed to motor vehicles for season.|
|Palisades Interstate Parkway in New Jersey: Open 24 hrs.|
|Park Headquarters: Administrative offices open Mon. to Fri., 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM except New Jersey State holidays. 201-768-1360. Parkway Police desk staffed at all times: 201-768-6001. Click here for Court information.
|Ross Dock Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Restrooms closed for season (Port-A-Johns available).|
|State Line Lookout: Grounds open daylight hours. Lookout Inn (State Line Cafe & bookshop) open 9:30 AM – 5 PM. 201-750-0465.|
|Trails: Open daylight hours. Trail construction with intermittent closures on the Shore Trail between Ross Dock and Englewood.|
|Undercliff Picnic Area: Open daylight hours.|
Sidebar last updated:
March 22, 2017.
The information posted here is subject to change without notice.
On this page, the map of the Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey is presented in several formats to view or print out.
- Click to download the park map in color and presented on a single page.
This version of the map will be best viewed online. It will print small on letter size paper, or will have to be tiled onto at least three pages. Full size is about 30 inches, scaled 1 inch = 2,000 feet vertically, 1 inch = 1000 feet horizontally (horizontal scale is exagerated 2:1 for clarity).
For mobile devices, it may be more convenient to download this map in grayscale.
- Click to download a full-color copy of the park brochure and trail map.
This brochure is two pages and includes general park information. It was designed to be printed on 11x17-inch paper, and may print small on regular letter size paper. Hikers may therefore wish to print out one or more of the hiking maps, below, which will provide better trail detail when printed on letter size paper.
For mobile devices, it may be more convenient to download a gray-scale copy of the park brochure and trail map.
The three maps below are designed for use by hikers in the park, and should show adequate trail detail when printed on letter size paper. Each map includes a second page with tips for hikers and several suggested hike routes in the area covered by the map. Vertical scale is approx. 1 inch = 2,000 feet, but the graphic scale, shown in miles along the left side of each map, will provide better accuracy. Horizontal scale is exaggerated 2:1 for clarity.
Click to download a map of hiking and ski trails accessible from the State Line Lookout Area (northern section of the park).
Click to download a map of hiking trails accessible from Alpine Picnic Area & Boat Basin and Park Headquarters (northern/central section of the park).
Click to download a map of hiking trails accessible from Englewood Picnic Area & Boat Basin, Ross Dock Picnic Area, and Fort Lee Historic Park (central/southern section of the park).
You can also download maps keyed to simple hike descriptions for several areas in the park, including tips for hikers:
- Click to download a hike description that begins and ends at Fort Lee Historic Park (moderate, about 5.5 mi., 2.5 hrs. round-trip).
- Click to download a hike description that begins and ends at Ross Dock Picnic Area in Fort Lee (moderate, about 4.5 mi., 2 hrs. round-trip).
- Click to download a hike description that begins and ends at Englewood Picnic Area in Englewood Cliffs (moderate, about 4.5 mi., 2 hrs. round-trip).
- Click to download the “Cape Fly Away” hike description, which begins and ends at Alpine Picnic Area (moderate, about 3 mi., 1.5 hrs. round-trip).
- Click to download the “Peanut Leap Cascade” (moderate, about 2.5 mi., 2 hrs. round-trip) and “Giant Stairs” (challenging, about 4 mi., 3 hrs. round-trip) hike descriptions, both of which begin and end at State Line Lookout.
These maps may also be of interest to park visitors:
- Click to download a brochure with a map of the cross-country ski trails at the State Line area of the park.
- Click to download a map of Greenbrook Sanctuary.
- To learn more about the development of our park map, see “Putting the Park on Paper.”